Please bring your youngster to the Riley City Library on Tuesday at 10:30 am for storytime. We will read three or four stories and then do a craft or activity.
Miranda Asebedo was born and raised in rural Kansas with a love of fast cars, open skies, and books. She still lives on the prairie today with her husband, two kids, and two majestic bulldogs named Princess Jellybean and Captain Jack. Miranda’s first book “The Deepest Roots” is on the Kansas Notable Book List for 2019. Her second book “A Constellation of Roses” has just been published in recent months. They are both available for checkout at the Riley City Library. We like to support local authors.
National Puzzle Days is January 29.
Come to the Riley City Library during the week of January 27 – February 1 and put together a puzzle alone or work as a group. Available are 100 piece – 500 piece puzzles in addition to the young children’s puzzles. Hope to see you at the Library!
These books were donated by the Leonardville American Legion Auxiliary :
- That’s Not My Meerkat by Fiona Watt
- That’s Not My Lion by Fiona Watt
- That’s Not My Elephant by Fiona Watt
- That’s Not My Panda by Fiona Watt
- That’s Not My Monkey by Fiona Watt
- Peek Inside Animal Homes by Anna Milbourne
- Peek Inside Nighttime by Anna Milbourne
- Peek Inside the Farm by Anna Milbourne
- Peek Inside Zoo by Anna Milbourne
- Peek Inside the Garden by Anna Milbourne
- Peek Inside Dinosaur by Anna milbourne
- Lift-the-flap Word Book by Felicity Brooks
- Lift-the-flap Colors by Felicity Brooks
- Lift-the-flap Shapes by Felicity Brooks
- Lift-the-flap A*B*C by Hannah Watson
- Lift-the-flap Numbers by Felicity Brooks
Kansas reads to Preschoolers is an annual event celebrated each November to promote reading to children under the age of five
This Year the selected title is I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont.
Please join us for Storytime on Tuesday, November 12 and Saturday, November 16 at 10:30 am at the Riley City Library. We will read the selected book and do a craft related to the book.
- Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
- Lucky Broken Girl by Ruth Behar
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
- The Losers Club by Andrew Clements
- Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly
- Amina’s Voice by Hena Khan
- Pablo and Birdy by Alison McGhee
- Two Truths and a Lie by Ammi-Joan Paquette & Laurie Thompson
- Princess Cora and the Crocodile by Laura Amy schlitz
- Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk
- Posted by John David Anderson
- Forever, or a Long, Long Time by Caela Carter
- See you in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
- Refugee by Alan Gratz
- Saving Marty by Paul Griffin
- One Last Word by Nikki Grimes
- Slider by Pete Hautman
- All’s Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson
- Restart by Gordon Korman
- Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder
Following is the list of 2019 KS Notable Books that are available at the Riley City Library. Please stop by and check them out.
- American Heart
- Brown Enough
- The Diaries of Reuben smith
- No Place Like Home
- The Pastor Wears a Skirt
- Buried in the Suburbs
- The Deepest Roots
- A Girl stands at the Door
- Night Out
- No Small Potatoes
- The Saint of Wolves and Butchers
Sign your child, age birth to Kindergarten, to the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Reading program at the Riley City Library. Each child will receive their own patron card and a lanyard to carry it on. They will also receive prizes when they reach each 100 books read to them level. This is a national program that promotes reading to children so they are better prepared for kindergarten. It encourages their love of books and reading. It will help with their verbal and listening skills. Please stop by anytime we are open and fill out a patron information sheet.